What is Ozone?
Ozone is an inorganic molecule and its component is triple oxygen, it is present naturally in the Earth's stratosphere.
Oxygen in the cells
At the cellular level, a deficiency of oxygen affects the cells’ ability to mount a defence against bacteria and viruses.
The cells are unable to produce four major enzymes that are used to build up a defensive shield; Super Oxide Dismutase SOD, Reductase, Glutathione Peroxidase and Catalase.
What Does Ozone Therapy do?
Ozone will cause oxidation so any diseased, unprotected cells, along with bacteria and viruses are destroyed. Only healthy cells survive. In this way Ozone increases the healing process.
Benefits of Ozone Therapy
There are many health benefits to ozone therapy:
- Increases the release of oxygen from the blood to the cells
- Enhances the removal of toxins from your cells and breaks down petroleum based toxins
- Enhances the metabolism of your cells, and acts against mutations within the cells
- Increases the pliability of red blood cells which in turn increases their ability to carry oxygen
- Boosts the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells (leukocytes) and their ability to destroy diseased cells, bacteria and viruses
- Deactivates viruses and bacteria and inhibits candida
- Promotes health skin, hair and nails
- Increases energy and general well-being
It has been found to be useful for many conditions. These include Joint Pain, Arthritis, Herniated Discs, Complications from Diabetes, Immune Disorders, Fatigue.
There is also evidence that it may be helpful for HIV / AIDS, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and in the treatment of Cancer.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
A course of Ozone Therapy is 25 treatments. Ideally this consists of 5 treatments per week for 5 weeks. If you are unable to attend 5 days per week, twice per week is acceptable and the course of 25 sessions would take 12 1/2 weeks.
What Does a Treatment Look Like?
Each treatment consists of 2 doses of ozone.
- One in Water: The gas is dissolved in cold water which you then drink. This will be given to you in our office.
- One as Gas: The gas is provided in a reusable bag and, using a catheter, it is blown into the body via the vagina and / or the rectum. This can be done at home or in our office.
You will need to purchase your own reusable bag and catheter. These will usually be good for between 15 and 25 refills.
When you attend for a treatment you will be given a glass of ozone water to drink and your bag will be filled with a dose of ozone. The ozone in the bag must be administered into the body within 1 hour of filling. You can take this home and do it yourself, or it can be administered in our office.
For men the whole dose is inserted into the rectum, for women half is administered into the rectum, half into the vagina. Women will need 2 catheters, one each for vagina and rectum.
Each dose of ozone is $25 plus tax. This means you will pay $50 plus tax for each treatment (2 doses; one in water, one to refill your bag), and you can expect to be in our office for around 30 minutes. Should you require Mohamed to administer the rectal / vaginal dose this will take an extra 15 minutes and cost an additional $25 plus tax.
Side Effects of Ozone Therapy
It is possible to have a Herx or Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction. This is a reaction to the die-off of harmful micro-organisms in the body.
It can also be due to the release of toxins stored within your body caused by the anti-oxidant effect of Ozone Therapy.
This reaction can take the form of flushing, a rash, fatigue, muscle pain, headache and flu-like symptoms.
When the treatment is done correctly, and your current state of health and the toxic burden is taken into account, any reaction is usually mild. However, occasionally people do experience more severe symptoms and it is important to contact your practitioner immediately or seek medical help if you are concerned.