We are happy to provide for Direct Billing Insurance companies whenever possible.
Direct Billing insurance providers allow you to use your benefits easily. If you require more information please contact your insurance provider or speak to our office manager, Kendra.
For which insurers can we direct bill?
- It is not possible to Direct Bill Sunlife for government employees at this time for any of our services.
- Except for Blue Cross, it is never possible to Direct Bill insurance for Osteopathic services.
- Some plans allow for direct billing for medical services such as dentist and prescription meds but not for complementary/alternative health.
Please be sure to check that your plan allows providers like us to direct bill for our services. It is not possible for us to know the specific details of your plan.
How does Direct Billing insurance work?
Each time you come for an appointment, we will submit the direct billing for you. In most cases, we receive an immediate response from the insurer letting us know how much is covered.
At the start of your visits to our clinic, you will need to sign a form permitting us to submit billing for you and for the insurer to pay the amount billed directly to us.
What happens if my insurance only pays a part of the fee for my service?
We will let you know what percentage is covered. You are responsible for paying any balance due at the time of your visit.
We hold a credit card on file to pay any outstanding amounts should you not be present when we do the billing. We will never charge this card without first letting you know the value and reason for the charge.
What happens if my insurance will only pay me and not you as the provider?
In this case, you will need to pay the whole fee to us at the time of your visit. We are still happy to submit the direct billing which your insurer will pay to you, not us.
What information do I need to bring?
When you come to our clinic for your first appointment you need to bring the following information:
- Insurance policy/plan and member ID numbers. These are on your insurance card.
- Your name as it appears on the insurance policy
- Your date of birth
- Name and date of birth for the policyholder if it is not you
- Your credit card. We hold this on file.
Blue Cross Direct Billing for RCMP, Military and Veterans Affairs personnel.
Many of our practitioners are registered for Blue Cross. We can direct bill Blue Cross for osteopathy, acupuncture, chiropractic and massage.
Which insurance companies can you direct bill?
We can usually Direct Bill, the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross (Including federal Programs)
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance
- Desjardins (Will only send money to insured member)
- First Canadian
- Great West Life
- Green Shield
- Group Source
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc
- Johnston Group Inc
- Maximum Benefit
- OTIP (Manulife)